Page not displayed properly

Like the way something works on our website? Want advice about your own web business?
CptGuapo

Page not displayed properly

Post by CptGuapo » Nov 4, 2011 11:15 am

Hi, there.

It's my first message here. Hope it's the right place to put my question.

Well, I discovered your site this week googling for hanzi/kanji and I've liked it so much. But, I noticed whenever I perform a search for hanzi/kanji and I got the results on Opera and Chrome browsers, the last results appear mixed with your photos at bottom of the page... On IE, it doesn't happen.

Is it possible to review this issue in order to achieve proper view on those browsers? Thanks in advance.
"Mythology is what grownups believe, folklore is what they tell children and religion is both."

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Nov 4, 2011 11:30 pm

Thanks for the input.

Was that when you searched via my dictionary at http://www.orientaloutpost.com/dictionary.php or my calligraphy database at http://www.orientaloutpost.com/shufa.php ?

I did a major redesign recently, and there's still some bugs. Most versions of IE and Firefox render OK, but Chrome is doing some weird stuff (the help link button does not appear at the top most of the time, but if you hover over the blank spot, you get the help drop down menu).

If you let me know exactly what you were searching for and where, you're definitely due a $10 gift certificate for our website.

-Gary.

CptGuapo

Post by CptGuapo » Nov 5, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi, Gary.

It's the calligraphy one. With the dictionary is OK so far.

Well, I'm talking generally about the searches. When there are a lot of results, e.g. fifty ones, only about twenty of them are displayed properly. The rest are truncated with photos of the bottom or simply not appear.

If it can't be fixed soon, no problem, I can use IE normally with your site. But my standard browser is Opera and the second one, Chrome.

I'm using your site to help me with my Chinese and Japanese classes. Your database is really wonderful. Congrats. Anyway, Thanks a lot for the quick response.

Regards.
"Mythology is what grownups believe, folklore is what they tell children and religion is both."