COLLECTION FOR SALE BY WORLD RENOWNED ARTIST MR. ANDREW CHAN

If you have some personal Asian artwork that you would like to sell, feel free to post it here, with images etc.
The story always starts: "My father/grandfather bought this in Japan/Korea just after the war..."
mrsbusa

COLLECTION FOR SALE BY WORLD RENOWNED ARTIST MR. ANDREW CHAN

Post by mrsbusa » Apr 23, 2009 4:39 pm

When I purchased these I was at a point in my life financially wherein I could have the affordability of fine art. In as much as I have enjoyed these lovely works of art for many years, I have two sons going to college and at this juncture in my life, I have no choice to part with them as their education is of far greater value to me than these priceless original works of art. It truly breaks my heart having to part with these one of a kind pieces but as stated, at this point I truly have no choice.

Both of these lovely works were done by the world renowned artist Mr. Andrew Chan. Andy Hoi-Csiu Chan was born in Canton and graduated from the Chinese University of Hong Kong in 1967 and the Vancouver School of Art in 1969. He is currently the President of the Chinese Artists' Association of North America and the Society of International Lingnam School Artists. He has been featured in many newspapers and magazines, and has appeared in several local TV programs. He teaches at the Art Institute of Chicago and has given numerous demonstrations and one man shows worldwide.

For the eagle work I am asking $15,890.00 (67 inches by 33 inches) and for the floral piece I am seeking $11,450.00 (33 inches by 59 1/2 inches). I also have one additional floral masterpiece that is approximately the same size as the aforementioned floral if you are interested, I have pictures of this painting also should you wish for me to send to you also for your perusal. I would entertain the thought of selling all the pieces as an entire collection, which is valued over $40,000.00 (US Dollars), for $28,000.00 (US DOLLARS) for the entire collection. As these items are older, the frame on the floral piece may be in need of a little work as there are a few scuff marks on the corner of the floral frame, very small in size. Other than that, they are lovely. Mr. Chan, works one cannot buy in this size and caliber for under $10,000.00- $15,000 each and that is for smaller works of his outstanding art. Any art collector would be proud to add these outstanding pieces to their collection as the value of Mr. Chan's paintings, and the fortune of actually being able to find pieces of his earlier work is grand addition to any collection or gallery piece.

PHOTOS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST EMAIL ME FOR INDIVIDUAL PAINTING PRICES.