Three to mount Feb 2015

Questions and answers about our artwork mounting. See a tour of our artwork mounting workshop.
gdunn31
Advanced Member

Three to mount Feb 2015

Post by gdunn31 » Feb 26, 2015 7:14 am

Hi Gary,
Here are a few that are ready to go. Please confirm the address that I should send to in Beijing. None of these are over 13" wide.

Japanese Sycamores- 13"
Blue and Gold Tangles-13"
Bishop Cortex- 10.5"

thanks!
Greg
Attachments
Bishop tangles.jpg
blue and gold tangles.jpg
Japanese sycamores.jpg

gdunn31
Advanced Member

Re: Three to mount Feb 2015

Post by gdunn31 » Mar 9, 2015 5:34 pm

Hi Gary,
You're probably very busy- I just wanted to bring your attention back to this as it has been almost two weeks. Please set me up in the system so that I can choose silk colors when you have a moment.
thanks!
Greg

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Mar 14, 2015 1:43 pm

Sorry Greg,

I've been overwhelmed with my Army deployment tasks. Working from 0800 until midnight is taking it's toll on what I can do for my business.

Here's those links:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/options.php?image=Japanese-sycamores
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/options.php?image=blue-and-gold-tangles
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/options.php?image=Bishop-tangles

The workshop is running normally, so there should be no delay there. I'm just struggling to keep up with these customer service issues is all. My wife is in San Diego, working hard to ship everything out on time.

-Gary.

gdunn31
Advanced Member

Post by gdunn31 » May 18, 2015 8:41 pm

Hey Gary!
I'm wondering if there is any news on my this order- I know that mounting can sometimes take a while and that's fine. I primarily want to make sure that the workshop has a record of having received the paintings. I sent them about 3 months ago.
Thanks!
Greg

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » May 20, 2015 10:35 am

I sent a message to Beijing to see what the hold up is. I'm surprise that we did not get those out before the Chinese May holiday.

gdunn31
Advanced Member

Post by gdunn31 » Jun 4, 2015 5:05 pm

Hey Gary,
Any news from Beijing? Now I really am starting to get nervous.
Thanks,
Greg

gdunn31
Advanced Member

Post by gdunn31 » Jun 16, 2015 2:47 pm

Hate to keep bugging you about this, but I have an exhibit coming up quick and I'm getting pretty concerned. Please let me know what you find out.
Greg

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Jun 17, 2015 1:46 pm

Sorry that I am slow responding. This military deployment keeps me away from civilian computers for weeks at a time.

Well Greg, I am, sorry to say that there might be a reason to be nervous. The last message from Beijing was that they had not received this. Do you have a tracking number so I can verify it, and maybe send someone to the post office?

I thought we were in process with your artwork, as this kind of thing almost never happens (once before in 12 years of doing this). If it has a delivery scan, I will have all my workshop staff open every tube until they locate it. If no delivery scan, we can probably go to the "dead letter room" at the local post office and find it. A description is helpful for that, but I presume it's in a white tube?

I presume this is the address you used?
Li Hongliang
Tongzhou District
Liyuanzhen Cuipingbeili #18-111
Beijing 101121
P.R. CHINA

We were using a different address for a short time last year, but because the street address of our new workshop was so new, the mail was getting delayed or misrouted so we switched back to the address above. If you happened to use the other address, I just need to send someone to a different post office to find it.

-Gary.

gdunn31
Advanced Member

Post by gdunn31 » Jun 18, 2015 6:09 am

Yikes. Well, given how everything else has been going the last six months this doesn't surprise me at all. Seems like nothing is easy recently.

Anyway, tracking says it was delivered to China on March 27th. Here's the info from the USPS:
Tracking Number: CJ197244522US
Image of a progress bar displaying delivered status delivered
Product & Tracking Information
Postal Product:
Priority Mail International Parcels
Features:
International Parcels
DATE & TIME
STATUS OF ITEM
Delivered
CHINA
Your item was delivered in CHINA at 6:35 pm on March 27, 2015.
March 24, 2015 , 6:47 pm
Processed Through Sort Facility
CHINA
March 23, 2015 , 8:32 pm
Departed
Beijing, CHINA
March 22, 2015 , 4:34 pm
Departed
Chicago, UNITED STATES
March 22, 2015 , 2:22 pm
Arrived
Chicago, UNITED STATES
March 21, 2015 , 4:41 pm
Processed Through Sort Facility
ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
March 21, 2015 , 4:41 pm
Arrived at Sort Facility
ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)
March 20, 2015 , 3:40 am
Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19116
March 20, 2015 , 2:25 am
Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility
PHILADELPHIA, PA 19125
March 19, 2015
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS

Here is the address is was shipped to:
LI HONGLIANG
TONGZHOU DISTRICT
LIYUANZHEN CUIPINGBEILI #18-111
BEIJING
CHINA 101121

I asked my assistant to print the address in Mandarin as well and attach it to the tube, but she might not have done it as she has been pretty careless in the past. I don't know if that ever made it on there.

In any case, it does appear to on China's end. Please let me know if it shows up, and when it does, if you could please have them expedite it I would really appreciate it. I have one poor customer who already had to wait 4 months for a different painting, and now that this is happening I reckon he will be none too happy about further delay.

I have an exhibit opening on July 2nd, so if it is possible to have them in my hands by June 30th (a very tall order, I know), that would be great. If that isn't possible, whenever you can get them here will be OK.

Please keep me updated.
best,
Greg

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Jun 22, 2015 10:32 pm

Sorry Greg. I should have waited a couple days, so I did not have to look like such an idiot.

They did locate the artwork - just misfiled by the employee that usually does not file the artwork as it arrives. We will ship it out within 24 hours via EMS (Express Mail) at our expense.

I can't wait for this military deployment to end so I can stay more on top of these things.

A thousand apologies for the trouble and worry that this caused you. I'm really embarrassed about all of this.

Yours,
-Gary.

gdunn31
Advanced Member

Post by gdunn31 » Jun 23, 2015 1:14 pm

Hey Gary,
Wow, what a relief! Don't sweat it, these types of things happen- and as a small business owner myself I know that it is impossible to keep track of what everybody is doing all of the time, things get misplaced. I'm just very relieved that it didn't get eaten by the Pacific Ocean.

I really appreciate you expediting them, that is quite generous of you. I know that you're always very busy with the business and deployments, so thank you very much for looking into all of this.

best,
Greg

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Jul 20, 2015 11:03 pm

We're going to give you a couple of wall scroll mountings for free next time you send a batch of artwork in. It's the least I can do for this huge mistake.

-Gary.