Mounting quote, instructions

Questions and answers about our artwork mounting. See a tour of our artwork mounting workshop.
mirandamaher

Mounting quote, instructions

Post by mirandamaher » Dec 25, 2014 3:41 pm

Hello (and Merry Christmas!),

Months ago I made an inquiry about wall scroll mounting. After many delays, I have 4 prints ready to send. Here are the specifications:

all are 9" h x 15" w

I would like them mounted like the Japanese Chado scrolls for horizontal images... Should I post the dimensions I would like here? Since I am in between your 13" and 17" widths, is the cost different? Should I use your mounting request page? Thanks very much. I can't tell if the images I tried to attached were uploaded. If not, I will try again from another computer.

Best,
Miranda Maher

mirandamaher

Re: Mounting quote, instructions

Post by mirandamaher » Dec 25, 2014 4:15 pm

Trying again to post an image... It's sideways, but you can see one of the prints.

Still would not upload. Two different browsers, on 2 different computers. Let me know what I should do.

mirandamaher

Post by mirandamaher » Dec 26, 2014 6:18 am

Trying again to post image...
Attachments
Fan Plane View -Example.jpg

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Jan 6, 2015 8:59 am

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I was having some server issues that took up a lot of my time (along with my deployment with the Army)...

Here is a link where you can look at the options for your artwork:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/options.php?image=fan

I have not set up my system to handle horizonal formats like yours on a vertical wall scroll. So I will need to charge about $10 more than is shown in the price on that page if you choose a vertical wall scroll. Prices for all portrait and horizontal wall scroll options will be accurate.

Post most images if you have more artwork, and I will add those for you (unless all 4 are the same, then just change the quantity to 4 once you put this in your cart).

As far as uploads, I can only imagine that your image was huge, so my site blocked the upload. Something with 600 pixels in width is fine. But 4000 pixels takes up a lot of space and bandwidth on the server.

Sorry for the inconvenience on that.

Cheers,
-Gary.

mirandamaher

Post by mirandamaher » Jan 6, 2015 11:01 am

Thanks Gary,

The delay is not a problem. I was away for the holiday. All four will be the same. (image is of a different area of the planet, but absolutely the same for your purposes.

Need to know:

Should I crop them down to finished size before sending? Or should I leave a margin for your mounters to crop? If so, how much margin?
These need to be trimmed after printing, but have not done it yet.

How you've set it up at the link looks good. How will we add the extra $10?

Thanks very much,
Miranda

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Jan 6, 2015 8:27 pm

I suggest you trim them to where you want them plus about 5mm (we need to do a final trim when we mount, which is usually 5mm or so). This will save me translating complex instructions into Chinese for the guys at the workshop.

I'll just add the $10 per scroll to a separate credit card transaction.

-Gary.