General info about our wall scroll mounting

Questions and answers about our artwork mounting. See a tour of our artwork mounting workshop.
CarlottaPizzotta

General info about our wall scroll mounting

Post by CarlottaPizzotta » Mar 8, 2014 9:33 pm

Davis_Carlton_DowntownTower_small1.jpg

I am interested in getting a very large drawing that is 51"(inches) wide by 96"(inches) tall mounted on a hanging scroll with black silk as side panels and upper and lower panels, which would make the overall width no greater than 63 inches and no taller than 116"(inches) tall including a base scroll rod, which I would like to be a 4"(inch) grey plastic pipe with end caps or a 4" approximately wood rod and a 1" x 2" bar at the top. Can your people do this for me? The drawing is finished and is on an archival paper (100 % rag-neutral ph).

Gary
The Boss

Re: General info about our wall scroll mounting

Post by Gary » Mar 8, 2014 11:07 pm

The problem is, I can't easily ship a wall scroll back to the USA if the paper panel is greater than 68cm (27.75"). This limitation comes from a Homeland Security and/or USPS policy.

We can mount it, and build the wall scroll, but you'd either need to pick it up in Beijing, or arrange for very expensive courier transport (via FedEx, UPS, or DHL).

There are places in the USA (especially San Gabriel, CA) that do this. The price starts at $200 per wall scroll, but considering the high cost of transport, it might be a good option for you.

-Gary.