Need Chinese calligraphy to mount

Questions and answers about our artwork mounting. See a tour of our artwork mounting workshop.
kimmchan

Need Chinese calligraphy to mount

Post by kimmchan » Jan 27, 2014 3:24 pm

Can you mount this Chinese calligraphy? 25 inch by 13 inches.
This is horizontal - are these typically with or without scrolls? How do you hang these? or just display flat?
Attachments
P1040847 small (640x299).jpg
P1040847 small (640x299).jpg (58.76 KiB) Viewed 4899 times

Gary
The Boss

Re: Need Chinese calligraphy to mount

Post by Gary » Jan 28, 2014 2:55 pm

I can mount this, no problem.

There would be two typical ways to mount:

1. A horizontal portrait (this would require that you have it professionally framed after I thicken it and add a silk border all the way around).

2. A horizontal wall scroll (this requires hanging between to carefully-spaced nails or hooks on your wall). The horizontal wall scroll will save you from the cost of framing, but does take some effort to hang properly.

A third and unusual option exists, which would be a hand scroll. This would sit on a table or in you lap for viewing. This is a very unusually mounting option, especially for a piece as short as this one would be.

Let me know if you want to pursue this. If so, I will set it up so you can customize your mounting and view different silk color choices, etc.

The price will be $32.88 for a single-color horizontal wall scroll (plus postage to and from China).

Cheers,
-Gary.

kimmchan

Post by kimmchan » Feb 10, 2014 5:25 pm

If I make it into a horizontal wall scroll, and later then make it into horizontal portrait, then can I cut off the scroll portion?

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Feb 11, 2014 10:35 am

Yes, the materials are the same, so cutting off the ends of a horizontal wall scroll results in almost the exact same thing you'd get if you ordered a portrait mounting in the first place.

A sharp knife and straight-edge are required for that operation. Leave a little extra at the sides as either a silk border, or to tuck behind the mat board if you're doing western-style framing.

-Gary.

kimmchan

Post by kimmchan » Mar 3, 2014 11:37 am

I want the Horizontal portrait (without scrolls). Can you arrange for me to check out?

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Mar 3, 2014 12:51 pm

OK, follow this link to customize your artwork. I am pre-selecting the mounting format to be a horizontal portrait for you, but you can change it to horizontal wall scroll under the format button/option:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/options.php?image=P1040847&mounting=hp

Add it to your cart, and checkout. Shipping instructions are here:
viewtopic.php?t=4182

Cheers,
-Gary.