order and questions

Questions and answers about our artwork mounting. See a tour of our artwork mounting workshop.
Madzub

order and questions

Post by Madzub » Jul 23, 2013 2:13 pm

Enclosed is a file showing the first in a series of scrolls. This will be a test run and is actually a center panel of a 5 panel sea-scape. I would like to use the ivory silk border. Sorry for so many questions.

1. Although this first order is meant for standard borders for a scroll, I want to make sure you can/will do a five panel set which has only outer side vertical silk borders (one side) on scroll one and scroll five and inside scroll with no vertical borers. Any issues with this?
2. The paper used is Japanese Gampi which is very transparent. The backing paper needs to be as bright white as possible. Any issues with this?
3. Should I trim the print/paper or leave the blank border for you to work with?
4. I have done some testing with spraying the back with a finish that makes the Gampi even more transparent. Any issues with this?
5. Do you sell or have a source for wooden scroll boxes and wooden chest to hold scroll boxes?
Attachments
Pistol-River-Singlev5-flat-copy.jpg
12" x 27"
Pistol-River-Singlev5-flat-copy.jpg (30.98 KiB) Viewed 10098 times

Gary
The Boss

Re: order and questions

Post by Gary » Jul 23, 2013 11:43 pm

Answers:

1. I think I can do this. Maybe just a 2mm keyline between each image.

2. This should be OK, as I have white (or nearly-white) paper used in mounting.

3. Trim the paper down to very close to where you want the final crop. Otherwise, my guys in Beijing might leave the white margin or whatever extra space might exist that you don't want in the final product.

4. Shouldn't be a problem. The white backing paper will compensate.

5. Not really. I tried to get boxes made like this a few years back and it was a huge pain. The boxes were always just a little outside of the measurements I needed for any particular scroll. Plus they were expensive to make, and heavy (thus expensive to ship). The final cost was close to the cost of the wall scroll itself. Kind of silly for a box that's only used for presentation.

-Gary.

Madzub

Post by Madzub » Jul 24, 2013 8:49 am

OK thanks for the info. Now how do I place the order?

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Jul 24, 2013 10:58 am

Post images of the artwork here. A sketch of how you want them arranged would be helpful as well (since you want more than one piece on the same scroll).

If you missed it, the general info is here:
viewtopic.php?t=10

Shipping info:
viewtopic.php?t=4182

-Gary.

Madzub

Post by Madzub » Jul 24, 2013 11:21 am

With this trial order I am only going for a single scroll. Use image already posted.

Future order will have multiple panels.

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Jul 25, 2013 11:31 am

Got it.

Here's a link to customize your artwork mounting:
http://www.orientaloutpost.com/options.php?image=pistol-river
Please note that the length calculation has an error right now, so ignore that. The width shown will be accurate.

Do your customizations, add this to your cart, and checkout. Then send the artwork to Beijing per the instructions from the links I gave you.

Cheers,
-Gary.

sara736

Post by sara736 » Oct 3, 2014 2:11 am

The art will be en route to China tomorrow.

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Oct 5, 2014 4:41 pm

Shipping instructions are here if you need them:
viewtopic.php?t=4182