Kanjii Translation, Please

Want to know what your Chinese or Japanese tattoo says? Need info about Chinese Character / Japanese Kanji tattoos? See also: Asian Tattoo Template Service
TigerAngel2

Kanjii Translation, Please

Post by TigerAngel2 » Jul 12, 2013 8:07 pm

Hello!

I got two kanjii years ago. I know that the one of my left arm is the popular use of "joyful/happiness." However, the one on my right arm was supposed to mean "stubborn/obstinate/naughty." I cannot find verification of this. Will you please tell me the meaning of it?

I truly appreciate your time!
Attachments
kanjii.jpg

TigerAngel2

Re: Kanjii Translation, Please

Post by TigerAngel2 » Aug 22, 2013 7:49 am

Hello, is there a reason my question has not received a response? It seems to be the only without a reply. :(

Thank you,
Tara

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Aug 22, 2013 1:22 pm

Sorry, we've been in a constant state of travel between the USA, China, and Japan lately. Things tend to slip by when we are traveling the world searching for artwork while jet-lagged. I could not figure out the first character because it's so stylized. I'll rattle the cage of my native translator who is currently on holiday in China, and see if I can get an answer.

-Gary.

Gary
The Boss

Post by Gary » Aug 23, 2013 12:08 pm

I think I figured out the delay. Turns out portions of my forum have been banned in China. my translator could not see your post. Gmail and Facebook are also banned, so in desperation, I faxed a copy of your tattoo image to Beijing. I can't believe I have an hour of work into a simple translation.

Here's what you have:

尊
大

尊大 zun1 da4 = the best, the highest, the most respectable...

尊= higher (rank, generation), respect, respectable.
大= bigger, larger.

Please be kind with the Paypal donation button below.

Cheers,
-Gary.